English Department Events
- For more information on Creative Writing events, contact Tony Friedhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For more information on Writing Center events, email email@example.com, visit https://writingcenter.uccs.edu/, or call 719-255-4336.
- For more information on the Creative Writing Club organized through the Writing Center, email Tony Friedhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matt Balk (email@example.com).
- For more information on the Veterans Writing Community, email DeLyn Martineau (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit www.veteranswritingcommunity.com/.
- For more event updates, please follow us @uccsenglish on Twitter, @uccsenglish on Facebook, and @uccs_writingprogram on Instagram. You might also check out @uccs_riverrun on Instagram for updates about riverrun, an undergraduate literary arts journal.
Wednesday, March 6: Visiting Writer Series
Sueyeun Juliette Lee, author of books including SOLAR MAXIMUM, No Comet, That Serpent in the Sky Means Noise, and Aerial Concave Without Cloud
Craft talk 2:00 - 3:00 pm / Heller Center
Reading 7:00 - 8:00 pm / Heller Center
Email Chris Martin at email@example.com with questions.
Thursday, April 13: Open Mic
Hosted by UCCS CW Instructor Marty Salgado
6:00 - 8:00 pm / UC 122
Sign up to read right before 6:00 pm or email Marty Salgado at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Read More About
Meet Our Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff Profiles
The faculty and staff of the Department of English want you to succeed here and after you leave us. Let us all work together to ensure the best preparation possible for you and your classmates.
Meet Our Advisors
Meet Our Advisors
All English Majors are assigned to an advisor. Please see the list below to determine your advisor this semester. We encourage you to meet with your advisor if you want help choosing your English courses, to get approval and the required signature for your English assessment, or just to talk about all things English!
Explore Possible Careers
An English degree emphasizes one of the most positive advantages of a college education—the solid, adaptable communication skills that get you through university are attractive to potential employers. English majors help maintain high standards of accuracy, clarity, and cogency of the language used in any workplace he/she enters.
Apply to Become an English Department Student
We believe UCCS could be the perfect fit for you, based on our award-winning academics, our awe-inspiring campus and the natural beauty of Colorado Springs. You’ll come away from UCCS with a University of Colorado degree, as well as a degree that will empower your career.