English Department Events
- For more information on Creative Writing events, contact Heather Fester (email@example.com).
- For more information on Writing Center events, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit https://writingcenter.uccs.edu/, or call 719-255-4336.
- For more information on the Creative Writing Club organized through the Writing Center, email Heather Fester (email@example.com) or Matt Balk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For more information on the Veterans Writing Community, email DeLyn Martineau (email@example.com) or visit www.veteranswritingcommunity.com/.
- For more event updates, please follow us @uccsenglish on Twitter, @uccsenglish on Facebook, and @uccs_writingprogram on Instagram. You might also check out @uccs_riverrun on Instagram for updates about riverrun, an undergraduate literary arts journal.
*Please contact Creative Writing Coordinator Heather Fester (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for these Fall 2022 events. Once you register, you’ll have access to Creative Writing Events in Microsoft Teams.
Wednesday, February 23: Visiting Writer Series
Karina Manta, UCCS alum and author of On Top of Glass: My Stories as a Queer Girl in Figure Skating
12:15 - 1:30 pm / Zoom (register here)
Email Chris Martin at email@example.com with questions.
Thursday, March 10: Craft Talk
Marty Salgado, UCCS CW instructor - “Embracing You: Turning Yourself into a Character”
10:00 am / Online (registration details forthcoming) and in person (Columbine 1028)
Monday, March 14, and Friday, March 18: Visiting Writer Series
- Craft Talk - Monday, March 14 / 2:00 pm / Heller Center
- Reading - Friday, March 18 / 7:00 pm / Heller Center
Thursday, April 14: Open Mic
Pizza and prizes! Hosted by UCCS CW instructor Marty Salgado
6:00 - 8:00 pm / UC 122
Sign up to read right before 6:00 pm or email Marty Salgado at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Thursday, April 21: English Career Conversation
- Kayla Shock, Legislative Analyst, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Sophia Elisha, Organizer, Converge
- Rachel Cullen, English Teacher, Air Academy High School & PhD Candidate, UCCS College of Education
4:00 - 5:00 pm / Zoom
Email David Diamond at email@example.com for more information.
Thursday, April 21: Senior Assessment Social
4:30 - 6:00 pm / MS Teams
Open to all English students.
Email Becky Posusta at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and a link to join the meeting.